STEM Returners in partnership with Women Returners, has been awarded funding from the UK Government Equality Hub to deliver the STEM ReCharge project to enable experienced professionals with tech and engineering backgrounds, in the North of England and the Midlands, to return to their careers after caring-related career breaks of a year or more.
STEM ReCharge will provide free Support for Returners to Tech and Engineering (now live for applications):
- STEM ReCharge Return to Work Coaching and Skills Training Programme with small group based sessions delivered by an expert STEM Returners Coach
- STEM ReCharge Mentoring Programme with 1:1 support from a STEM mentor
- STEM ReFresh Week with technical knowledge modules delivered by industry experts
- Monthly support sessions
STEM ReCharge will also provide free Support for Tech and Engineering Employers (registration is open)
- Employer Insight Events in Leeds (24 April), Liverpool (25 April), Birmingham (26 April)
- STEM ReCharge Training on supportive returner hiring and employment pathways for career returners (registration will open late April)
- Monthly support sessions for hiring managers
Career Returners to tech and engineering in the North of England and the Midlands: The STEM ReCharge Programme for career returners is now open for applications! To find our more and to apply see: Return to Work Support Programme
Tech and Engineering Employers in North of England and the Midlands: Registration for the Employer Insight Events opens at 9.00am on 14th March 2023. For more details and to register, see here: Employer Insight Events
Potential Return to Work Mentors: If you are UK-based, and a currently employed or recently retired experienced tech professional who is interested in mentoring a returner, see here for more details on registering as a Mentor.
For more Information and Support
See the Government Equalities Hub Funding Announcement (11 February 2023) here
Get in touch with the team on firstname.lastname@example.org