STEM Returners are delighted to be partnering with with Linx and Videojet for a brand new returners programme!
This programme is a 13-week paid placement for engineers looking to return from a career break or transfer industries. At the end of the programme you will be given the opportunity to gain an ongoing permanent position at which point your salary will be re-negotiated based on your prior skills and experience.
Job: Technical Documentation/Oracle Administrator
In this role, you will be using your technical knowledge and attention to detail to support the creation and delivery of customer facing materials for the operation and service of Videojet products for industrial printing applications, along with supporting the engineering and operations team implement changes in those products.
The successful candidate will work with engineering and project teams researching and providing the required technical content to support product launches and on-going improvements. We are seeking a candidate who has a technical background and with knowledge of engineering change process. There is scope for development within the team, with opportunities for additional responsibility available.
Key Responsibilities: **
- Gathering and reviewing technical content, to meet the demands of projects and customers, including the creation and maintenance of documentation and illustration for user’s guides, service manuals.
- Supporting the engineering team in the management of engineering change across the business.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Attaining results by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:**
- Experience/Knowledge of basic engineering practices
- Understanding of engineering change and impact
- Experience using simple language and techniques to convey the required information
- Experience of managing own timeline and delivery as agreed for key milestones
- Attitude, enthusiasm and energy to drive continuous improvement and results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and as part of a team
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Effective at multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines
Experience & Qualifications:**
- Experience of working with engineering drawings (2D and 3D) and CAD tools
- Experience of using databases or other computer programs for key data entry
- Experience in the use and review of technical content and/or documentation
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Relevant qualification in technical communications, engineering, science or similar
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £31,000.00 /year