This could be your chance to return to engineering with a brand new STEM Returners Programme currently taking place at BAE Systems in Portsmouth!
Your role will be to produce technical documentation in accordance with the agreed customer requirements utilising source material made up of information from design drawings, LSAR outputs and Original Equipment Manufacturers data and manuals.
- Accountable for the quality and product safety of their own scheduled work.
- Production of Technical Data and Documentation are complete, coherent and consistent.
- Undertake review of OEM technical information ensuring conformance to Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL), identifying non conformance.
- Awareness of Technical Documentation Management Plans.
- Support to projects during technical negotiations with contractors/suppliers. Support customer/supplier relationships in respect to Technical Data and Documentation Requirements.
- Awareness of key stakeholders and contract objectives and deliverables. Liaison with other engineering and support functions as required across the business.
- Understanding of current Military and commercial standards and techniques and their application.
- Application of the Technical Publications Business Management procedures.
- Contribute to bid preparation and cost model.
- Comply with statutory requirements, regulations and company procedures, including SHE and ITAR.
- Provide support to Technical Authors, as required
- Consistently apply Engineering Governance
- Report performance.
Functional Knowledge (Requirements for knowledge of functional work and activities)
- Working level knowledge of DEF STAN 00-600, JSP 886, S1000D and JSP 822.
- HNC Qualified or equivalent experience. Working knowledge and experience in Technical Documentation production.
- The role requires knowledge and a good understanding of Technical Documentation within the ILS discipline and their support through life.
- Support Information experience with knowledge of ILS.
- Information management and experience of support engineering disciplines.
Business Expertise (Requirements of the position for knowledge and expertise about the business rather than the technical expertise)
- Familiarity with the design and development of Naval ships and procurement of ship systems and equipment
- Some understanding and experience of the defence maritime industry
Leadership (Requirements of the position for providing leadership and guidance to others)
- Production of key contract objectives and deliverables to ensuring they are delivered to time and quality.
Problem Solving (Breadth of mental skills required in order to perform the position)
- Capable of thinking analytically to resolve ILS Technical Documentation issues based on previous experience of similar situations.
Nature of Impact (Impact on business by detailing the overall responsibility associated with the position)
- To undertake tasks and support phases of the Technical Documentation contracts.
- Accountable for the quality and product safety of their own scheduled work
Area of Impact (Business area impacted Delivery/Functional)
- Applies discipline knowledge into the ILS/Tech Docs function
- Has an impact on the activities within the team.
Interpersonal Skills (type of people skills required to perform the position)
- Good communication skills enabling technical discussions with internal customers and suppliers.
- Works constructively both within a team and across the whole project to ensure that team objectives are met.