STEM Returners are delighted to announce a brand new programme with industry leaders Leonardo, helping candidates return or transfer into an engineering career.
Key Responsibility Areas and Skills
Reporting into the Systems Functional Manager you will be responsible for;
- Work alongside stakeholders to define and influence system requirements and designs, ensuring traceability for design compliance and acceptance.
- Define and develop system concepts and architectures for future solutions.
- Develop test strategies to demonstrate design and implementation compliance
- System integration, verification, and validation activities to test and analyse performance and effectiveness within synthetic and live environments.
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations.
Qualifications & Knowledge
The qualifications and knowledge required for this role are;
- An understanding of systems engineering principles.
- Ability to define and influence requirements definition and design decisions, both within the internal project team and customer environments.
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements.
- Experience in requirements management.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation ability.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or related scientific discipline.
- Proficiency in mathematical modelling using MATLAB or Simulink would be desirable
What you’ll get
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Employee discount schemes: In addition to the above flexible benefits, our employees benefit from access to everyday discounts with many high street and online retailers, restaurants and days out.