STEM Returners are delighted to announce a brand new programme with industry leaders Leonardo, helping candidates return or transfer into an engineering career.
Key Responsibility Areas and Skills
Reporting into a Systems Functional Manager you will be responsible for;
- Develop algorithms for data fusion and innovative processing methods.
- Perform analysis and modelling of multi-sensor data sets to demonstrate the effectiveness of developed fusion algorithms.
- Define the systems analysis approach, working alongside technical specialist teams.
- Assess design compliance against user and system requirements.
- Identify performance improvements and propose candidate solutions, implementation methods, and routes to demonstration of design compliance.
- Creation of technical documentation to support the system design capture / definition.
- Create formal specifications, reports and presentations.
Qualifications & Knowledge
The qualifications and knowledge required for this role are;
- An understanding of systems engineering principles
- Knowledge of association and fusion techniques
- Proficiency in mathematical modelling using MATLAB or Simulink would be desirable
- Strong analytical ability, to support functional and performance trade-off studies.
- Understanding of design compliance and acceptance criteria relating at varying stages of system maturity.
- Ability to assume ownership for deliverables in accordance with project plans and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication / collaboration skills.
- Experience of collaborating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of tools such as Azure, Git, Cameo Systems Modeller / MagicDraw or DOORS would be desirable.
What you’ll get
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Employee discount schemes: In addition to the above flexible benefits, our employees benefit from access to everyday discounts with many high street and online retailers, restaurants and days out.