At Cubic, we love to solve problems and give travellers choices in how to pay their fares quickly and safely through our revenue management and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) systems and tools. We enable transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the entire transportation network – all in real time. We continually strive for innovation and improvement in the overall user experience through faster fare payment and efficient information management. Our track record in revenue management, real-time passenger information and intelligent traffic management systems is built on our commitment to delivering innovative, open and customer-focused solutions. Delivering end-to-end systems and services based on innovation, scalability, specialist integration and the flexibility to grow with changing requirements and emerging technology for the complete mobility network is what Cubic does best.
We deliver to the major cities around the world and in the United Kingdom we are best known as the technology and service provider for London’s Oyster Card System.
As an employer, we are committed to investing in our people via learning and development schemes, social events and achieving a good work/life balance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed functional test specifications for both device and system tests
- Use industry standard test tools to develop manual and automated tests in a variety of programming languages
- Conduct subsystem, system and user level testing
- Conduct end-to-end testing
- Document tests results and share findings with development teams and project stakeholders
- Liaise with Engineering departments and customers with regard to testing of projects
- Conduct tests both in house and in the presence of the customer
- Prepare and conduct in-house reliability tests
- Coordinate and oversee the work of Test Technicians, collating results and reporting defects
- Prepare and conduct environmental tests
- Prepare and issue test reports
- Perform Defect Reviews
- Prepare and Maintain the test configuration environments
- Support with the automation of testing activities
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their Manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Solid previous experience within a Product test or QA environment.
- Experience of manual and exploratory testing
- Experience of building and executing test cases and plans
- Experience using TestRail and Jira
- Experience of testing methods, including test-driven development and automated testing
- Experience of each stage of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Effectiveness within previous role of ensuring software is released with a minimum of defects reaching the customer
- Ability to write good reports and general word processing skills (Word, Excel, Databases).
- Good day to day planning skills, co-ordination and control under pressure.
- To work equally well on their own as well as within a team.
- Windows and Linux experience
Education and qualifications
- HNC or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline OR relevant industry experience
- ISTQB Foundation