STEM Returners have a new ‘return to work’ role with Babcock International at their Devonport or HMNB Clyde sites.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced engineer, to support Babcock’s contribution to the Submarine Strategic Weapon Enterprise (SWE). Key elements of the post are:
· To support the Babcock Strategic Systems Engineering Team within SSE.
· To support contracted tasking from Trident Systems Project Team and Dreadnought Supply Support Teams.
· To represent Babcock’s SWS / SWSS engineering capability within the SWE.
· To maintain a unified and coherent approach to SWS / SWSS engineering support across Babcock business units.
· To work effectively with other UK Strategic Weapon system industry partners within the SWE.
· To act as a Babcock subject matter expert for SWS / SWSS, providing advice and facilitating information exchanges as required to support business outputs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
· Experience of supporting and developing SWS / SWSS engineering programmes of work, policies, procedures, technologies, equipment and operations.
· Desirable: Recent experience of working with MoD authorities.
• Educated to Foundation Degree / BTEC (HNC / HND) level in Electronic / Mechanical Engineering discipline. Membership or applying for membership of a profession engineering body