Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Conceptualise, designs, codes, debugs and performs development activities in accordance with designated standards and procedures to meet specific project requirements. Shares technical expertise and provides training and guidance to other team members.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using the current programming language and technologies provide creative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems.
- Share technical expertise within the department and other departments as requested.
- Analyse and contribute to system and subsystem requirements specifications and design definitions.
- Design, develop and test of applications and programs to support the company’s products.
- Design, develop and test software programs following established quality standards and in accordance with internal engineering procedures including coding, unit testing, peer reviews and software configuration control.
- Complete high and low level detailed software design specifications, storyboards and interface specifications.
- Provide support of products through conception to product delivery including problem solving, defect maintenance and support to customer services (which may require out of hours support in certain circumstances).
- Prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports.
- Provide training and guidance to other team members.
- Supports the bids and proposal and customer variation requests.
- Keeps abreast of improvements and developments within software engineering, supporting continuous improvement within engineering.
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular, comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field or equivalent professional experience or combination of both.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in Software Engineering with a proven track record of specification, design and development.
- Demonstrable experience of defining test plans and test data requirements.
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Organised with the ability to prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports.
- Experience of Object Oriented Design (e.g. UML) and implementation, along with Design patterns.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the architecture for applications.
- Experience of maintaining and improving coding standards.
- Able to build reusable code and libraries, ensuring thorough application documentation for future use.
- Ability to work as part of a team towards individual and shared goals; a team player in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to share knowledge, coach and collaborate effectively with individuals and other departments.
- Strong organisation and planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and undertake new tasks quickly.
- Diligent, with attention to detail. Able to problem solve and find effective and timely resolutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiatives and under pressure.