STEM Returners have a brand new ‘return to work’ role as an Economist with defence industry consultants Arke.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role within Arke’s growing business. Arke recognises the need to develop a new core skillset in economic, social and environmental impact (value). You will be the driving force in developing this new area of business, providing technical oversight and leadership, and future proofing Arke’s continued success.
Your role will involve developing Arke’s business into Economic, Social Value and Environmental Sustainability Analysis involving winning work both with existing and new clients and identifying training and recruitment needs. You will provide technical oversight, leadership and will have flexible access to the rest of the Arke team, drawing upon experts in cost engineering, data analytics and research exploitation (as examples).
You will be expected to provide technical guidance and input across a range of project activities for a variety of customers (industry, national and local government) whilst continuing to enhance Arke’s excellent reputation and support healthy business development into this area.
You will identify skills gaps and/or shortages to enhance the business, enabling further recruitment and growth.
- • Leading and developing through provision of technical leadership within economics, social and environmental impact.
- • Active role in personnel development, mentoring and knowledge sharing across the organisation.
- • Business Development including articulating capability offerings, sales, bidding and forming strategic partnerships.
Your Experience and Knowledge
You will have a strong background in economics with a proven track record of leadership and technical delivery.
You will be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate complex ideas and present with confidence within a collaborative, client-facing team environment. You will be able to foster strong relationships and a proactive culture within a mix of teams including internal, supplier and clients.
Initial Role Description Required Training/ Education
A particular set of qualifications is not necessary if the job holder has the appropriate skills and experience, but we would expect the job holder to be qualified to degree level in Economics or Environmental Economic or equivalent.
Required Skills and Experience Able to demonstrate relevant experience of: • Navigating complex project and stakeholder environments
• Assessment of economic, social, and economic impact.
• Business development experience within national or local government.
• Working with stakeholders to understand their problem and requirements. Desirable Skills and Experience Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
• Coaching and developing teams.
• Planning and recruiting teams.
• Ability to identify, develop and employ a range of Soft and Hard OA tools and techniques best suited to provide insightful and cutting-edge decision support in a complex project environment.
The Offer Role Progression While you will be joining Arke as the lead within a particular domain, you will have opportunity to support a variety of projects in due course. You will also be supported in the development of business in this area. Training and Mentoring You will receive ‘on-the-job’ training, support and coaching. This could include qualifications around Risk Analysis, Schedule Analysis, Project or Programme Management. You will be actively encouraged and supported through professional membership accreditation and will be supported in your ongoing professional development.
• 25-day holiday entitlement, Professional Institute Annual Fees
• Post probation: Generous pension scheme, health and life insurance