Would you like to use your expertise as a geophysicist to develop new offshore wind farm projects by being responsible for geophysical assessments of ground conditions?
Join us and become Senior Geophysicist in our Geophysics and Seabed Surveys department where you’ll be responsible for geophysical assessments deliverables to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be part of a large group of committed colleagues with different backgrounds. In the department, we strive for a high degree of professionalism when planning and conducting our surveys, interpretations and engineering work.
We offer a unique geophysical specialist position in a dedicated and international team within a rapidly growing industry. You’ll be empowered in your daily work and have plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Your key tasks will be to
- assess geophysical data from OWF site and export cable routes during project development
- be responsible for the seismic stratigraphy-based and geotechnically proven geological ground model in close cooperation with the geotechnical engineers
- integrate a suite of different geophysical datasets (e.g. UHRS, SBP, MBES and SSS data)
- be responsible for geophysical deliveries to internal and external stakeholders
- align project-specific objectives and end deliverables for individual geophysical surveys together with a colleague from the Geophysical Surveys team
- handle the technical management of project-specific processing and interpretation work, having the QA responsibility for the geophysical data quality and associated interpretations.
You’ll furthermore identify and handle geohazards, archaeological features, seabed changes and consent requirements. In connection with the execution of projects, it’ll be your responsibility to ensure a successful and effective technical dialogue with your colleagues and suppliers.
Your competences include that you:
- have a relevant degree in Earth science and solid experience with a broad spectrum of geophysical methods
- have an analytical approach to solving your tasks
- have experience with seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation, including depth conversion and geomodelling
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey messages to your stakeholders smoothly and efficiently
- are motivated by technical challenges and a highly dynamic workplace
- enjoy working with short decision paths and having the opportunity to take leadership for technically challenging processes.