Linx is renowned globally for Coding and Marking solutions. Manufacturing industries far and wide benefit from our expertise in batch and date coding of products and packaging. As a key player in both the continuous inkjet and laser marking industries, we hold a significant and increasing worldwide market share, achieved by continuing emphasis on engineering excellence and best in class products, outstanding marketing, customer service and professional management.
We are looking for someone to join our team with the right attitude, good grounding in Electronics principles and design with a consistent track record in product design and manufacture. The right person would be involved with all aspects of Electronic assemblies used within Linx products and have the desire to take some management responsibility in the near future.
· Designing and supporting all Electronic systems, including:
· Schematic and PCB layout, high voltage circuits, power supplies, analogue and high-speed digital circuits.
· Good understanding of safety, EMC, thermal management and mechanical integration
· Able to write software including VHDL, C, Assembler and Linux an advantage
· Test and validation of designs, experienced in prototyping, debugging and modelling
· Working alongside other Electronics Engineers to share and develop multi-functional knowledge and skills, providing input in design reviews and problem solving support
· Collaborating with other Engineers in the department, such as Mechanical and Software Engineers to develop a complete system
· Supporting the onsite production team with Electronic issues
· Supporting internal processes and continuous improvements throughout the department
· Motivating the electronics team and driving critical thinking, best practice, technical competence and a sense of urgency
· Liaising with suppliers on developments and technical issues
· Working with production and suppliers to qualify new parts and components, to address obsolescence, allocation or extended lead-times
· Actively being involved with Kaizen and workshops to deliver ideas and suggestions to make savings, improvements, guidance and mentorship to others in the business on product changes
· Creating and delivering high quality reports and documentation, with good attention to detail
· Results-oriented, aiming to improve personal and team performance.
· Genuine interest in engineering and an inquiring mind.
· Well executed standard processes covering design review, verification and risk management.
· A motivated team who follow because of leadership from the front and not because of management.
· A good balance between risk management and product development.
· Successful launch of new products measured by time to market, first time production pass rate and out of box quality
· Designing and developing components and products incorporating electronics and software within the Engineering department of a commercial company
· Detailed knowledge on topics including electronics engineering from first principles, sophisticated system integration, analytical skills and problem solving ability
· Design of products using various CAD tools, integrating mechanics, electronics and software
· Experience with production tools and techniques to support suppliers of electronic components and assemblies
· Honours Degree in Electronics Engineering or time-served experience in a relevant industry
· Desirable: Chartered Engineer
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.