Have you taken a break from engineering and want to return? We have a fantastic opportunity to take part in a STEM Returners programme at vacuum and abatement specialists Edwards as a Senior Electrical Engineer at their site in Clevedon.
- To design and develop modules/sub-assemblies of new products in accordance with Edwards’ Product Commercialisation Process (PCP) ensuring that the required reliability, quality and cost targets are met
- To meet the Master Specification targets and ensure conformance to the relevant international, national and industry safety standards
- To verify that the designs meet the Master Specification and conform to the relevant design standards by calculation and/or testing as appropriate
- Accountable for the design and development of sub-assemblies of a product ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed project time scale
- Responsible for the detailed documentation of the design (models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner and placed in the Technical Construction File (TCF), project folder, or uploaded to the project SharePoint site
- Investigation and execution of engineering change
- Provide electrical designs and drawings as part of the engineering design team.
- Specification, component selection and design of sub-assemblies
- Design calculations in support of design.
- Preparation of technical construction documents
- Creation of bill of materials
- Support production where necessary
- Directing the work of more junior designers
- Mentoring and supporting the development of more junior engineers and designers
- Selecting and verifying components and instrumentation to support the product design
- Type testing and compliance testing of designs
- Conduct / be part of high-quality design reviews
The STEM Returners programme is a 13-week internship to help you transition back to industry after a career break of any length. At the end of the programme all returners will have the opportunity to gain a permanent position with Edwards.