STEM Returners and leading AI technology company Grid Edge have teamed up and are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to be a part of a brand new returners programme.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Data Scientist to join our data science team. We spend our days dealing with energy data for some of the most interesting commercial building operators in the UK. You will become part of our growing team of data scientists, working to deliver analytics and algorithms that help our customers look at their energy differently and empower them in engaging with the energy system. This role involves the development and deployment of deep learning methods and complex statistical analytics to forecast and classify patterns in data. You will work on all aspects of the data science pipeline from prototype to production, from data corralling and clean-up to presentation and visualisation of results and algorithm performance.
This role involves the development and deployment of deep learning methods and complex statistical analytics to forecast and classify patterns in data. You will work on all aspects of the data science pipeline from prototype to production, from data corralling and clean-up to presentation and visualisation of results and algorithm performance.
- A proven commercial record in a similar role (5 years +); –
- A quantitative higher education qualification in a Mathematics, Ops-Research, Physics, Computer Science or similar; –
- A good understanding of key statistical methods and ability to demonstrate that you can wrangle messy and noisy data; –
- Solid python development skills with a data science focus (python, pandas, scikit, R); –
- Experience in developing deep machine learning methods; –
- Ability to build and train networks in Python and Tensorflow; –
- Demonstrable experience of project planning / structuring work and deliverables to meet a larger target / objective; –
- Experience in leading a team or research project.
- Energy sector knowledge and experience
- Dev-ops experience using automated and scalable cloud computing resources (Kubernetes, Docker) –
- Source control and documentation experience
- An understanding of realtime and no-SQL databases
- GCP or AWS cloud experience or qualification
About Grid Edge
Grid Edge is changing the way that people use energy by putting intelligent, data-driven control into the hands of building operators. Based in Birmingham, we are an award-winning AI start-up company developing machine-learning-based software services that empower building operators to predict, optimise and control their energy and carbon profile. We are backed by some of the world’s leading energy companies who share our vision for putting empowered consumers at the heart of the 21st century energy system.