STEM Returners are delighted to announce a brand new returners scheme with aerospace and defence giants Babcock!
The Submarines Business Unit Production team operate within Devonport Royal Dockyard supporting the Royal Navy working on SSN and TSSBN Submarines.
Work streams over the next 5 years will be doubling and there are exciting opportunities to join this dynamic and diverse team.
The role is required on a full time permanent basis.
A Reactor Senior Engineer:
- Coordinates Nuclear Procedures as required.
- Acts as Radioactive Protection Supervisor and/or Responsible Office as required.
- Ensures that all allocated resources are suitable qualified and experienced for the tasking allocated.
- Ensures sufficient health and safety for the workplace and personnel.
- Ensures compliance with nuclear safety.
- Acts as Line Manager when required.
The applicant will be required to:
- Work on-board Submarines / confined spaces / Radiological areas.
- Have an excellent understanding of Health and Safety and nuclear safety processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
- An excellent understanding of nuclear systems is required.
- The RSE is an ASQEP role.
- Experience in a craft environment.
- Experience of the work breakout process.
- HNC in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- ILM 5 or prepared to work towards.
- Nuclear qualifications/courses preferred.