STEM Returners are delighted to announce a brand new returners scheme with aerospace and defence giants Babcock!
A Production Controller ensures that the FLMs and their industrial teams are full enabled. They act in accordance with Company values and behaviours, deploying processes and systems to maximise the value of and successfully complete all contracted work, to Health & Safety, time and quality standard.
Manage work scope and activities to ensure that submarine and/or support equipment is installed/maintained/overhauled in line with production and project requirements.
- Manages production resources to achieve programme, quality and safety targets.
- Ensures that all allocated resources are suitable qualified and experienced for the tasking allocated.
- Manages work breakout for the relevant production work.
- Ensures sufficient health and safety for the workplace and personnel.
- Acts as Line Manager when required.
The applicant will be required to:
- Work on-board submarines / confined spaces / radiological areas.
- Have an excellent understanding of Health and Safety processes.
- Required to have experience in managing sub-contractors and ensuring that the required quality standards and records are maintained.
- Experience in a craft environment.
- Experience of the work breakout process.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
- HNC in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- ILM 5 or prepared to work towards.