This could be your chance to return to engineering with a brand new STEM Returners Programme currently taking place at BAE Systems in Portsmouth!
Role Summary & Key Responsibilities
- To assist the Safety Manager in the delivery of the various Safety programmes.
- Assisting in the production and presentation of Safety Case reports and assessments.
- Act as the main point of contact for customers / projects in relation to Safety management.
- Ensuring that safety considerations are an integral part of the design process and take cognisance of the whole product lifecycle;
- Ensuring that the standards of Product Safety defined by statutory, business and customer requirements are observed in the design of the Product(s) produced by, or resulting from the project
- Keep up to date with Safety legislation and advise projects, and where appropriate the business, of compliance requirements.
- Working with design teams to ensure all changes fitted to RN platforms are safe and compliant with legislation.
- Guided opportunity through the engineering career framework.
Essential/Ideal Skills required for this role
- Be able to read schematic drawings.
- Experience of completing Safety Case reports in line with contracted requirements.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of application of a range of common Safety management tools, techniques and practices
- Good understanding of Safety management tools and techniques.
- Articulate, with sound written and verbal communication skills in informal and formal settings.
- Experience of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications, Experience & Transferable skills
- HNC Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ship Safety & Environmental Management Training (SSEMT) qualified
Ideal soft skills or personal attributes?
- You will have a strong ability to communicate throughout the business and customer communities.
- You will have the ability to work efficiently under pressure, schedule and coordinate tasks, and to maintain and build positive relationships.
- Able to use own intuitive.