BAE Systems have a brand new STEM Returners role as a Product Safety and Compliance Engineer focusing on Engineering & Digital Services!
- Managing and delivering the Product Safety and Compliance Management activities for E&DS projects.
- To ensure E&DS Product compliance with BAE Systems product safety framework and policies, including all legal and regulatory requirements of the products intended market.
- To provide technical product safety management support to the project technical authorities.
- To support the Technical Authorities to complete design reviews and phase reviews as required by BAE Systems Life Cycle Management policy.
- To support projects in understanding all specific product safety compliance requirements for their product type in new UK and international markets outside of the MOD defence domain.
- To manage and maintain the Project/Product Safety and Compliance documentation in accordance with the Safety Management Plan.
- To plan, prepare and chair product safety analysis meetings using a range of product safety analysis techniques.
- Ensure regular contact with E&DS Technical Authorities on the compilation of evidence to support design certification, ensuring that product safety requirements are met and documented.
- Refer to to and keep informed the PS&E DoA holder through weekly contact and calls.
- Understand the general process for product design certification from a product safety and compliance perspective.
- Able to carry out product safety analysis and research activities with insight and produce professional, considered and assured outputs.
- Familiar with the use of various HAZID (Hazard Identification) techniques, including HAZOP (Hazard & Operability Study), SWIFT (Structured What IF Techniques), Bow Tie analysis.
- Familiar with use of functional safety assessment techniques, such as FMEA/FMECA (Failure Modes Effects & Criticality Analysis), FTA, (Fault Tree Analysis) and ETA (Event Tree Analysis).
- Familiar with the assurance and certification requirements for digital systems and throughlife service support models.
- Familiar with MOD Safety Management regulatory framework and processes