Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Principal Software Engineer (PSE) is an expert in the field of software engineering. The PSE provides technical leadership regarding software architecture, software design and development processes, practices, and the selection of languages and tools. In addition, the PSE will work as a senior developer on one or more projects, contributing software design, software architecture and development and unit testing where appropriate. The PSE will be a recognised expert in one of the technologies used by Cubic.
The primary focus of this role is the design and development of software systems which meet business, project and customer requirements. The role is expected to develop technology strategies and standards in partnership with senior stakeholders and provide subject matter expertise to other solution architects and implementation teams. The PSE will work closely with the other members of the engineering team and with key business stakeholders both internal and external.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer science or relation field or equivalent professional experience or combination of both.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Significant relevant industry experience in a software design and development.
- Proven experience in working within a senior software engineering role with responsibility for significant aspects of design.
- Experience with formal requirements management and traceability using industry standard tools.
- Experience in the preparation of formal software designs using industry recognised methodologies.
- Experience on large scale software development projects following a waterfall SDLC.
- Experience on software development projects following Agile SDLC.
- Experience working on firm fixed price/schedule projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to define test schedules and data requirements.
- An effective problem solver with the ability to understand and resolve complex issues.
- Organised with the ability to prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to share knowledge, coach and collaborate effectively with individuals and other departments.
- Strong organisation and planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and undertake new tasks quickly.
- Diligent, with attention to detail. Able to problem solve and find effective and timely resolutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiatives and under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team towards individual and shared goals.
C# .NET Embedded development experience requirements:
- Proficient C# .NET Core experience
- Experience writing cross platform solutions.
- Delivered highly functional, performance-driven, user-friendly applications.
- Proficient client-side development experience.