STEM Returners are delighted to be partnering with with Linx and Videojet for a brand new returners programme!
This programme is a 13-week paid placement for engineers looking to return from a career break or transfer industries. At the end of the programme you will be given the opportunity to gain an ongoing permanent position at which point your salary will be re-negotiated based on your prior skills and experience
Linx is renowned globally for Coding and Marking solutions. Manufacturing industries far and wide benefit from our expertise in batch and date coding of products and packaging. As a key player in both the continuous inkjet and laser marking industries, we hold a significant and increasing worldwide market share, achieved by continuing emphasis on engineering excellence and best in class products, outstanding marketing, customer service and professional management.
To own and deliver mechanical systems (incorporating the integration of sophisticated electronics, software and fluids) for new products or associated equipment that meet our quality, regulatory, performance, time and cost targets. Once delivered, ensure the above mechanical systems are maintained in a state that is fit for sale.
Continually develop (where appropriate), implement, refine and champion business tools to drive continuous improvement within the wider engineering team including reductions in time to market through improved sense of urgency, critical thinking, right first time, ownership and accountability
- Responsible for accelerated product development and cost-down mechanical designs, meeting agreed outcomes including quality, performance, time and cost. Ensures product sustainment after launch.
- Motivating the mechanical team and driving critical thinking, best practice, technical competence and a sense of urgency.
- Owns and continually improves the team’s systems and processes including standard toolsets (CAD, PDM, FEA etc).
- Bringing new technologies to Linx.
- Technical specialist on all mechanical engineering matters
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained by closing out risks and then sustaining change.
- Hands-on people leader and problem solver.
- Results-oriented and aims to improve personal and team performance.
- Genuine interest in engineering and an inquiring mind.
- Well executed standard processes covering design review, verification and risk management.
- A motivated team who follow because of leadership from the front and not because of management.
- A good balance between risk management and product development.
- Successful launch of new products measured by time to market, first time production pass rate and out of box quality
- Leading a multidisciplinary team to design and develop components and products incorporating electronics and software within the Engineering department of a commercial company.
- Detailed knowledge on topics including mechanical engineering from first principles, sophisticated system integration, analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Design of products using CAE tools, integrating mechanics, electronics and software.
- Honours Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Automotive Engineering or time-served experience in a relevant industry.
- Chartered Engineer desired