To own and deliver mechanical systems (incorporating the integration of sophisticated electronics, software and fluids) for new products or associated equipment that meet our quality, regulatory, performance, time and cost targets. Once delivered, ensure the above mechanical systems are maintained in a state that is fit for sale.
Continually develop (where appropriate), implement, refine and champion business tools to drive continuous improvement within the wider engineering team including reductions in time to market through improved sense of urgency, critical thinking, right first time, ownership and accountability
· Responsible for accelerated product development and cost-down mechanical designs, meeting agreed outcomes including quality, performance, time and cost. Ensures product sustainment after launch.
· Motivating the mechanical team and driving critical thinking, best practice, technical competence and a sense of urgency.
· Owns and continually improves the team’s systems and processes including standard toolsets (CAD, PDM, FEA etc).
· Bringing new technologies to Linx.
· Technical specialist on all mechanical engineering matters
· Ensures a safe working environment is maintained by closing out risks and then sustaining change.
· Hands-on people leader and problem solver.
· Results-oriented and aims to improve personal and team performance.
· Genuine interest in engineering and an inquiring mind.
· Well executed standard processes covering design review, verification and risk management.
· A motivated team who follow because of leadership from the front and not because of management.
· A good balance between risk management and product development.
· Successful launch of new products measured by time to market, first time production pass rate and out of box quality
· Leading a multidisciplinary team to design and develop components and products incorporating electronics and software within the Engineering department of a commercial company.
· Detailed knowledge on topics including mechanical engineering from first principles, sophisticated system integration, analytical skills and problem solving ability.
· Design of products using CAE tools, integrating mechanics, electronics and software.
· Honours Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Automotive Engineering or time-served experience in a relevant industry.
· Chartered Engineer desired
Results-oriented – aim make a step change in team’s performance while also continuing personal development by learning the Danaher/Linx business toolsets and keeping current with new technologies and processes. Ability to filter noise, distractions and solve problems as they arise to ensure commitments are delivered as agreed.
Balance strategic and tactical – switch seamlessly from designing a sophisticated component for a new product to problem solving a process to drive out waste; prioritise between both states for maximum impact.
Lead by example – willingly sets the bar high, accepts responsibility then holds themself and team accountable to the agreed outcome. Undertakes all activities with speed.
Self-starter – Doesn’t wait to be asked to fix a problem in area of responsibility.
Intellect – Analytical and fact based most of the time but also able to use intellect and intuition to accelerate problem solving. A quick mind enabling new issues to be understood with speed.
Strong leadership – encourage traits a team member does well, develop those who need/want to improve perform and eliminate performance gaps of team members who demonstrate patterns of behaviour that negatively impact performance
Continuous improvement – develop creative solutions to problems and an unprompted willingness to continuously improve processes, people, tools and designs.
X2 Senior Mechanical Engineers
Other Key Relationships
Electronics/Software/Development Managers, Programme Managers, Product Managers and Manufacturing Engineers.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.