STEM Returners have once again teamed up with BAE Systems to provide opportunities to engineers aiming to return to the industry!
These roles will involve a 12-week paid placement in BAE Systems’ Maritime division with successful candidates potentially offered a permanent position at the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Applying design knowledge in mechanical aspects in order to resolve specialist design problems and issues.
Assisting with the development of mechanical systems, providing design input to the subcontractor and assurance that the architecture and detailed design are fit for
purpose, ensuring technical viability and safe operation of specific mechanical systems that the individual is responsible for.
Qualifications & required knowledge
· Relevant STEM Qualification
· Mechanical design experience in an engineering industry.
· Meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council and be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
· Awareness of Life Cycle Management reviews of bids and programmes.
· Awareness of external market and similar industry advancements and developments
· Commercial Awareness.