Would you like to work within an interesting role supporting the Maritime Services Sector at BAE Systems? We currently have a Project Management vacancy at our site in Portsmouth Naval Base.
As a Senior Project Professional, you will be will be responsible for the capture and delivery of projects within a team in the Engineering Projects Group (EPG) department. You will have direct contact with a customer as well as responsibility for leadership of your projects to deliver results, with cross-functional support. This role will provide you with an opportunity to manage exciting projects that can generate new capabilities for the MoD. There is appetite for growth in this area and there is opportunity for development as EPG’s portfolio grows in size and complexity.
As part of the Engineering & Digital Services business stream, EPG carry out distinctive projects. We deploy P&T funding into concept mobilisation, assessment, demonstration and manufacturing phases that progress the Engineering Design maturity of capabilities in readiness for their platform integration. We also remain closely integrated with our colleagues in Warship Support, providing Common Support Model compliant solutions for Defence Equipment & Support customers under MSDF as well as other contracts.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leading cross-functional capture and delivery project teams.
- Being the key interface between internal workforce, suppliers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Regular stakeholder management of a customer interface.
- Helping to secure both follow-on/pull-through contracts for the business.
- Reporting to the programme manager for assigned captures and delivery projects.
- Forecasting resource requirements in the Business Resource Planning (BRP) process.
- Controlling costs in the Summary Status Report (SSR) process.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- APM PMQ or an equivalent qualification / level of competence (or studying towards one).
- Evidence of delivering results in a Project Management role.
- Experience of Planning Monitoring & Control techniques.
- Prior experience of operating SAP and Microsoft Excel.
What we’re looking for in you:
You must be proactive, great at communicating, and tenacious to build and maintain relationships. You will have an ability to work in cross-functional project teams to drive projects and be enthusiastic to realise the end benefits for our customers.
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
Salary: £ Competitive