Would you like to work within an interesting role supporting the Maritime Services Sector at BAE Systems? We currently have a Project Management vacancy at our site in Portsmouth Naval Base.
As a Lead Project Professional I, you will be will be responsible for the capture and delivery projects of some Campaigns within the Engineering Projects Group (EPG) department. You will have direct contact with customers as well as responsibility for leadership of your projects to deliver results, with cross-functional support. This role will provide you with an opportunity to manage exciting projects that can generate new capabilities for the MoD. There is appetite for growth in this area and there is opportunity for leadership development as EPG’s portfolio grows in size and complexity.
As part of the Engineering & Digital Services business stream, EPG carry out distinctive projects. We deploy P&T funding into concept mobilisation, assessment, demonstration and manufacturing phases that progress the Engineering Design maturity of capabilities in readiness for their platform integration. We also remain closely integrated with our colleagues in Warship Support, providing Common Support Model compliant solutions for Defence Equipment & Support customers under MSDF as well as other contracts.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leading the cross-functional capture and delivery teams for a campaign of projects.
- Being the key interface between internal workforce, suppliers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Regular stakeholder management of customer interface.
- Campaign management to secure both new and follow-on/pull-through contracts.
- Reporting to programme and portfolio levels for assigned captures and delivery projects.
- Forecasting resource requirements in the Business Resource Planning (BRP) process.
- Controlling costs in the Summary Status Report (SSR) process.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in working in the Defence Sector.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Evidence of simultaneously managing several work packages.
- APM PMQ or an equivalent qualification / level of competence.
- Evidence of delivering results in a leadership role.
- Experience of Planning Monitoring & Control techniques such as reporting, forecasting, & cost control.
- Experience of early lifecycle management.
- Prior experience of operating Business Winning Dynamics, SAP, and Microsoft Excel.
What we’re looking for in you:
You must be proactive, great at communicating, and tenacious to build and maintain relationships with customers, colleagues, and suppliers to produce results. You will have an ability to work constructively and enthusiastically in cross-functional project teams to ensure that key objectives are met in order to realise end benefits for our customers.
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
Salary: £ Competitive