STEM Returners are delighted to be partnering with with Linx and Videojet for a brand new returners programme!
This programme is a 13-week paid placement for engineers looking to return from a career break or transfer industries. At the end of the programme you will be given the opportunity to gain an ongoing permanent position at which point your salary will be re-negotiated based on your prior skills and experience.
Job: Engineering Technician
Linx is renowned globally for Coding and Marking solutions. Manufacturing industries far and wide benefit from our expertise in batch and date coding of products and packaging. As a key player in both the continuous inkjet and laser marking industries, we hold a significant and growing worldwide market share, achieved by continuing emphasis on engineering excellence and best in class products, outstanding marketing, customer service and professional management.
Purpose of the Position:
In this role you will be developing new components, sub-systems and products for industrial printing applications!
Starting from the concept stage, you work in a team to develop working lab demonstrators, working prototypes and ultimately bringing the finalized design through a comprehensive validation test plan. We are seeking a candidate who is comfortable with methodical hands-on laboratory work, as well as having experience making components and assemblies using prototyping techniques (mill, lathe, 3D printer).
- Investigate, develop and test ideas to working prototype product stage
- Set up and performance of laboratory tests/experiments and reporting of conclusions and recommendations; [this work forms the majority of the role].
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting
- Maintaining accurate, well organized logs during experiments and testing to be included in final test reports
- Attaining results, working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
- Maintain a safe and tidy working area in accordance with 5S principles and company policies
- Working in a laboratory and conducting experiments
- Analytical, evidence driven approach
- Ability to apply engineering principles to get practical results
- Laboratory experience gained in a high tech industrial R&D environment is desirable
- Experience of data acquisition and the reporting of results and conclusions
- Familiarity with the following would be advantageous: basic scripting languages such as Lua or Python, Machining of polymers and metals, 3D printing
- Experience of working in an R&D / product development environment
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Engineering qualification or equivalent work experience
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and energy to get results, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and most importantly the ability and willingness to learn. You should be able to work with minimal supervision and also comfortable working collaboratively as part of a team. Effective multi tasking and the ability to respond well to changing priorities is also essential for this role.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £31,000.00 /year