STEM Returners are delighted to announce a brand new programme with industry leaders Leonardo, helping candidates return or transfer into an engineering career.
Key Responsibility Areas and Skills
Reporting into the Lead Digital Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for;
- Designing high speed digital Printed Circuit Boards that utilise the latest FPGA, Microprocessor and high speed interconnect technologies
- Supporting throughout the full hardware lifecycle
- Fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management, and providing plans and progress reports
- Working within a multi-disciplined team of engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems
Qualifications & Knowledge
The qualifications and knowledge required for this role are;
- Analysing system level requirements documents and understanding their application to Hardware designs;
- Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics Dx Designer or equivalent.
- Hardware design of FPGA based designs
- Design of high speed serial communication links and knowledge of associated protocols and architectures
- Hands on experience of Hardware, Firmware & Software Integration of Micro Processor Based designs
- Debugging, testing and verification of new designs and supporting their commissioning and integration into the target system;
- Ability to liaise with suppliers of key components and assemblies
- Ability to communicate effectively across different disciplines both verbally and in written form
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team to resolve technical issues
- Ability to schedule work and manage time in keeping with project timescales and budgets
What you’ll get
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Employee discount schemes: In addition to the above flexible benefits, our employees benefit from access to everyday discounts with many high street and online retailers, restaurants and days out.