STEM Returners has a brand new ‘returnship’ role for a STEM professional to return or transfer back into engineering with BAE Systems at their site in Cowes, Isle of Wight.
This is a technical role relating to the Digital Electronic aspects of radar hardware design.
The role holder will undertake design and design maintenance tasks in respect of both new products and technology insertion into legacy products.
The role holder will apply a breadth of knowledge, skills and experience of engineering and company approaches, techniques and governance in the Digital Electronics domain
- Design and development of digital electronic assemblies, from specification through to release into service.
- Carrying out the design of Boolean logic and sequential logic circuitry.
- Designing using discrete active components (transistors, diodes, operational amplifiers).
- Designing using VHDL design language and methodology.
- Producing designs to programme ASICs and FPGAs.
- Translation of requirements into design detail.
- Component selection, schematic capture, and support to PCB layout.
- Specification of bespoke procured items.
- Interfacing with related disciplines including mechanical/thermal engineering, ILS, Safety, and Product Data Management.
- Verification of components and sub-systems using a combination of simulation, analysis, test, and assurance techniques.
- Maintenance of existing designs and implementation of technology insertion programmes.
- Able to follow the engineering lifecycle and contribute to progress and design reviews.
- Design, develop and demonstrate system integrations.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering.
- CEng or equivalent level of capability, or working towards CEng status.
- Previous experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment.
- Experience of complex digital design techniques and / or FPGA design.
- Experience of generating component level designs for introduction into volume production.
- Integration. design proving and defect resolution.