STEM Returners and leading AI technology company Grid Edge have teamed up and are looking for a Data Scientist to be a part of a brand new returners programme.
We spend our days dealing with energy data for some of the most interesting commercial building operators in the UK. You will become part of our growing team of data scientists, working to deliver analytics and algorithms that help our customers look at their energy differently and empower them in engaging with the energy system.
This role involves the development and deployment of deep learning methods and complex statistical analytics to forecast and classify patterns in data. You will work on all aspects of the data science pipeline from prototype to production, from data corralling and clean-up to presentation and visualisation of results and algorithm performance.
To be successful in the role you will need:
– A proven commercial record in a similar role;
– You will need to have a quantitative higher education qualification in a Mathematical, Ops-Research, Physics, Computer Science or similar;
– Have a good understanding of key statistical methods and are able to demonstrate that you can wrangle messy and noisy data;
– Have solid python development skills with a data science focus (python, pandas, scikit, R);
– Have experience in developing deep machine learning methods;
– Are able to build and train networks in Python and Tensorflow;
It is desirable if you also have some:
– Energy sector knowledge and experience;
– Dev-ops experience using automated and scalable cloud computing resources (Kubernetes, Docker)
About Grid Edge
Grid Edge is changing the way that people use energy by putting intelligent, data-driven control into the hands of building operators. Based in Birmingham, we are an award-winning AI start-up company developing machine-learning-based software services that empower building operators to predict, optimise and control their energy and carbon profile. We are backed by some of the world’s leading energy companies who share our vision for putting empowered consumers at the heart of the 21st century energy system.