Are you passionate about delivering high impact research and analysis?
Do you want to make a difference to the way Defence and Security operates and how it protects the UK and our armed forces, from real-world threats, both at home and abroad?
Our Platform Systems Division of Dstl supports the Ministry of Defence and wider government in a broad range of ground breaking technical research areas. We respond to current and future demands ensuring that the UK retains a battle-winning advantage and provide a broad range of impartial evidence-based analysis supporting high priority decision-making and evaluate exciting new capabilities and technologies.
Our work is about delivering, sustaining and improving our military capability for the UK in key areas:
• Survivability – we safeguard our armoured vehicles, warships and aircraft against the harshest combat environments
• Weapons – where our research delivers the most advanced weapon capabilities for our armed services
• Systems – we ensure that all the latest advanced equipment operates together seamlessly on our warships, military vehicles, and aircraft.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has an inquisitive and inquiring mind
• Sees the bigger picture and wider context of our customers’ needs
• Enjoys problem solving
• Has good attention to detail
• Is creative and innovative
• Can solve practical problems Is keen to put forward own ideas
• Has great communication skills
• Is self-motivated and comfortable working under their own initiative
• Collaborates with others and works well in a team
While not essential to all roles within the Division, it is desirable for candidates to demonstrate sound technical skills and reasoning through qualifications, hobbies or interests.