You may give your personal details to STEM Returners directly through sending us your CV, registering on our website or contacting us. On occasion we may collect your data from third parties, such as job boards or social media channels. We must have a legal basis for processing this data and will only use your data for recruitment services.
STEM Returners is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
STEM Returners may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect: Candidates: We may collect the following information. The following list is not exhaustive and is in addition to any data that we are required by law to process:
- Name and job title
- Job history and experience (CV)
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Employment history
- Immigration status
- Copy of passport/ ID card/ other form of identification
What we collect: Clients: To ensure that we provide our clients with the best possible service, we store details of the organisation and contacts. We will also keep notes of conversations, emails, meetings and programme activity. We believe that this falls within our legitimate interest of providing services to you.
How we collect your personal data: Candidates: We collect personal data from you in two ways:
- Personal data that you give to us. We require certain information from you to provide our returner services. You may provide this information by registering on our website, sending us a copy of your CV or applying for a position advertised by us.
- Personal data from third parties. We may receive personal data from third parties including websites such as job boards and social media channels.
How we collect your personal data: Clients: We collect personal data from you in two ways:
- Personal data that you give to us. To help us provide the best service to you and send you the most appropriate candidates we receive data from you by inbound or outbound contact calls or emails, either during the normal course of business or because of our business development efforts.
- Personal data from other sources. We may seek and obtain additional information about you as part of our business development efforts via social media, recommendations or delegate lists from meetings, events and conferences
What we do with the information we gather: We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
Candidates: Returner programme or recruitment services. We provide recruitment services to candidates. To connect you to relevant job opportunities we may use your data in the following ways. This list is not exhaustive.
- Submit your data to employers in the form of a job application
- Assess your data against current vacancies or programmes to determine your suitability and potential interest
- Storing your data on our database to contact you in relation to future vacancies or programmes
- Provide you with relevant work seeking communications
- Marketing activities
Clients: Returner programme or recruitment services. Our primary function is to provide you with a quality recruitment service. To enable us to provide these services we may process your data in the following ways:
- Storing your data on our database so that we can contact you in relation to recruitment or programme activities
- Recording notes of conversations and meetings
Sharing your personal data:
Candidates: To provide a quality recruitment services to our candidates, we may share your data in the following ways:
- With prospective employers in the interest of finding suitable employment for you.
- Third party IT companies with whom we are contracted to and have appropriate data processing agreements
Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Retention Policy: We will not retain your data longer than we need it. We will delete your data if we haven’t had any relevant contact with you for a three-year period
Controlling your personal information: Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data that we process on you
- The right of access to the personal data that we process on you
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right of erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Where you have consented to us processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw at any time by contacting our Data Controller Natalie Desty at email@example.com
Complaints or queries: If you wish to make a complaint about this policy or any of the procedures set out in it please contact our Data Controller Natalie Desty at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post at:
Data Controller, STEM Returners, 3 Abbey Park Industrial Estate, Premier Way, Romsey, SO51 7AQ
You also have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
STEM Returners is a trading name of Marine People Limited. Marine People Limited is registered in England and Wales no.10632568 Registered office: Number 3, Abbey Park Industrial Estate, Premier Way, Romsey, SO51 9AQ, Hampshire, United Kingdom. VAT no: 267685451