The STEM Futures (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) consortium is proud to embrace the STEM Returners initiative as part of our overall intent to develop talent whilst actively championing diversity and inclusion.
The benefits that career returners bring to the workforce has been proven and the refresh of technical skills (at whatever level) is part of the process.
The STEM Futures Partners are ready and willing to help returners on their journey.
Our common purpose and commitment is:
- To enhance future-facing and critically short skills
- To increase people’s contribution, by networking and identifying good practice
- To develop a united culture of innovation, being open to – and encouraging – new ideas and technologies
- To develop trusting relationships with our counterparts at all levels
- Our leaders will champion the benefits and promote the activity by:
- Creating the environment to work collaboratively
- Openly valuing the development of skills, networks and relationships
- being open-minded and willing to take risks for the common good
- Committing to investment of time and money to provide high quality placements
We are bringing together different employers to offer people diverse and exciting experiences, whilst also creating the opportunity for career returners to finish their STEM Returners internship and move directly into a technical skills refresh via STEM Futures.