Engineering Training Trust
The Engineering Skills Academy was opened in September 2022 by Engineering Trust Training in Bicester, Oxfordshire. We continue to grow our delivery of engineering training to apprentices and are looking for a talented individual to deliver a range of qualifications at levels 2, 3, and 4.
This is an opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic professional to train as an Engineering Lecturer, contributing to the delivery of our curriculum to apprentices in Oxfordshire.
The role is centred around teaching groups of engineering apprentices, normally with 12-14 in a class. Exact units within which a Lecturer is expected to deliver learning will be dictated by their prior knoweldge and experience, however being a small team, you will be expected to deliver a range of engineering disciplines.
Our ideal candidate would have industry experience and the ability to bring that into their delivery in an engaging, creative and effective way.
Training & Structure
Level 3 Award in Education & Training – online, complete before Sept 2023
Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training (DET) – 18 month part-time course from Sept 2023
July-Aug 2023 no teaching responsibilities, achieve L3 qualification, shadow current lecturer, plan teaching sessions for September.
September – begin L5 Teaching qualification – part time with a local provider. Teaching 2 days per week with 3 days for course release, course work, planning, shadowing. Number of days teaching will grow as competence builds.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a Level 3 Engineering qualification ideally encompassing both Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic elements.
- Knowledge or interest in refreshing skills of the developments within the Engineering sector
- Knowledge or interest in apprenticeships and how the qualifications fit into the wider programmes.
- Be committed to inclusive learning, ensuring use of the very best practice to meet individual learner needs including the promotion of equal opportunities and differentiated learning for those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Feed into the planning of curriculums for a range of cohorts related to the requirements of the apprenticeships we deliver.
- Prepare lesson plans and resource materials for the units you are teaching.
- Teach on a range of engineering knowledge units at L3. Also, opportunity to teach L2 workshop skills if able and qualified to do so.
- Create and maintain resources needed to teach the course, ensuring they remain up-to-date and accessible to learners.
- Utilise IT and learning technology to deliver elements of the curriculum.
- Feed into the preparation of assessment plans and schedules and ensure learners are aware of expectations.
- Assess learner progress regularly, supporting them both academically and pastorally. Provide written and oral feedback throughout the course and carry out 1to1 progress reviews, including the completion of necessary documents.
- Differentiate delivery to allow access for all regardless of if the learner requires additional support requirements or need extending.
- Embed Maths, English and ICT within the curriculum and your delivery.
- Carry out learner inductions to the course.
- Manage the attendance and achievement of each learner, keeping records up-to-date, including the completion of registers, and other required documentation.
- Ensure a safe and secure learning environment and comply with all relevant Health and Safety regulations.
- Implement all Safeguarding, Prevent, Discipline and other relevant policies.
- Involvement in the wider company, apprenticeship delivery or any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week, site based in Bicester.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).