As SHE Advisor, you’ll be reporting to the Distributed Energy SHE Manager as part of the overall SSE Enterprise SHE Team, principally supporting Distributed Energy Projects across the UK from the planning stages through to construction and handover to operations and during operation.
The SHE Advisor has responsibility for reducing risk within the project, through providing; support, advice and guidance on all aspects of compliance with Internal Processes and Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
The key responsibilities for this role are;
– Supporting the SHE Manager to ensure that the correct resources are allocated and that the projects within their remit are delivered, minimising health, safety and environmental impacts.
– Reviewing various project specific SHE documentation submitted by Contractors and Subcontractors.
– Working with the wider Enterprise SHE team to deliver the Safety requirements in line with the SSE Safety Family Programme, ensuring this is delivered in a clear, consistent and frequent way.
– Working alongside our Preferred/Strategic Contractors to develop stronger, safer and respectful relationships on our projects and sites.
– Supporting the SHE Manager to ensure Project Managers are engaging with their teams on all safety matters, with the intent of reducing the frequency and severity of incidents across various projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Knowledge and experience of working in a high hazard industry, i.e. Construction, Offshore, Petrochemical or Pharmaceutical industry, etc
– Skilled at influencing and motivating a large team of multi-disciplined individuals and will set clear goals and objectives that SHE performance can be measured against.
– Working Knowledge of CDM legislation in line with project development and construction.
– Relevant qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety Management. (or desire to work towards).
– Registered member of IOSH or equivalent professional body (or desire to work towards).
– Working knowledge of SHE regulations in the UK and Ireland in line with SSE Group Business.
– A good understanding of SHE Management Systems, SHE Risks & UK HSE legislation.
– Due to the level of mobility required in this role a full driving license is essential.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, organised, and reliable with the ability to integrate and work effectively within a team.
- Flexible, Manchester, Liverpool, London, Melksham, Reading, Portsmouth
- Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available