As part of the delivery of the UK CH-47 Chinook Helicopter contract, Boeing (BDUK) has a requirement to support a range of Technical Publications supporting the platform with both the provision of Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Component Maintenance Manuals. This position will execute against contract requirements with a Safety and First Time Quality mind-set working within an integrated team environment.
Skillset and Experience:
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Comfortable initiating action – e.g. proactive in seeking out information, initiating meetings with key stakeholders.
- Good communication skills (face to face, verbal and written).
- Attention to detail
- Engineering background – ideally in Aerospace but relatable sectors can transfer too.
Any required qualifications:
- Engineering degree in a relevant subject or lower level qualification in relevant subject coupled with equivalent experience.
Security Clearance requirements:
- Eligibility for SC level security clearance is required – To be eligible for clearance you need to be a British National and have lived in the UK for the past 5 years with no breaks. Other Nationalities are also may also be considered, but 5 + years living in the UK is essential.
Outline of initial work/role to be undertaken during the 12 week placement:
- Boeing induction activities (the first 2 weeks)
- Familiarisation of team and aircraft.
- Learning how to write technical publications and use the relevant tools.
- Bristol or Yeovil
Working Pattern (Site/Hybrid/Remote):
- Hybrid – 3 days a week in the office for the first 12 weeks, further flexibility after that depending on preference and level of support needed.