Jacobs are Looking for Process Engineering Returners with prior experience in the water sector. Are you keen to work for a global company that’s involved with some of the most exciting projects on the planet?
We want to return your skills and talent to create the best career experience possible, working collaboratively across a multitude of markets including Defence and Civil Nuclear.
At Jacobs we have roles for Process Engineers with some experience of the following, at all levels including:
- Developing and implementing engineering solutions for process engineering components of complex engineering projects, from concept design proposals through to design for manufacture, the full project life cycle
- Production and of process deliverables (EFD’s, Process Descriptions, Datasheets, Calculations, Line Lists, process datasheets).
- Delivering to time and quality
About the Opportunity
We work on some of the most interesting and inspiring projects across the globe and we aspire to create progressive, agile careers that allow you the freedom to go on a limitless journey with full support along the way.
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
Benefits: Include but not limited to:
- Private medical insurance/critical illness/life assurance/ Digital GP service, Hybrid working, Generous pension contribution, Buy and sell Holidays up have up to 42 days leave, Share/save scheme, Salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, Professional development, Enhanced parental leave pay, wellbeing service, And many more.
- We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
- Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Previous experience of working within Industrial/Process/ Brown field sites is highly desirable though not essential providing that suitable similar experience can be demonstrated.
The candidate shall ideally have experience in a similar role and should ideally be qualified Degree/Chartered Engineer or be working towards gaining professional status. However experience at all levels will be considered.
You should also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge of process engineering design, This may include chemical preparation, gaseous exchanges, liquid effluent systems, utilities, DSEAR and hazard identification and reduction, specification and support to detailed design, purchasing and manufacture.
- Familiarity with and application of current standards, regulations and legislation within Process Engineering and an overarching appreciation of multi-design interactions and interfaces.
- Evidence of design capability working as part of a multi-discipline team is an advantage.
- Confidence and demonstrable capability to be able to work with supervision to meet end outcomes or clearly and defined targets and engage with and challenge all parties.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
- London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle