At Reaction Engines we pride ourselves on our open and inclusive work culture and are committed to developing a diverse workforce. We’re a place where almost anything is possible – and that’s because of our brilliant, diverse, and dynamic people. Reaction Engines is a signatory of The Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Aviation and Aerospace Charter, as well as an active member of the Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers (AFBE). We have many benefits that we are proud to offer our workforce including a subsidised onsite nursery. As part of our ongoing commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion we are delighted to be offering a number of returner opportunities.
Reaction Engines are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineering Returner to support the company’s technology portfolio at various career levels. Working within a dynamic and multi-disciplined team, you will have the opportunity to contribute across a range of projects that leverage space derived technologies to develop advanced propulsion systems for hypersonic flight and thermal management solutions to enable a green future for the aviation industry.
The industry Returner will be responsible for carrying out concept and detailed designs, solving challenging engineering problems and working with internal and external specialists and manufacturers/suppliers, so good communication skills are vital.
Skills & Experience
- Prior mechanical design experience using a 3D modelling tool
- Experience producing engineering drawings (using GD&T)
- Experience with product data management (PDM) or product lifecycle management (PLM) systems.
- Design for manufacture experience
- Mechanical engineering degree or HND
- Full time or Part time can be considered with flexible working where needed – standard 35 hour working week.
- Hybrid working from home with minimum 2 days a week in the office.
- 9-day fortnight, with every other Friday off work.
- Some limited travel to customers, suppliers, and build & test sites may be required (once monthly or less)
- Driving license not essential, Rail and Bus links to site.
- Culham, Abingdon.