What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. They have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. They also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Experience in; CAD, delivering technical documents, reports, and presentations including specifications, design reviews, operational documents, and validation evidence. Significant design experience of:
- Optical systems.
- Vacuum systems.
- Pressure vessels.
- Shaker tables.
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis).
- PLM (Product Lifecycle Management).
- Rig’s & fixtures.
- An HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Aerospace / Automotive).
AWE has a highly inclusive culture. You will be supported by colleagues and management to bring your unique contribution to their work. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are prominent there. You can join any of their six staff-led ED&I working groups to help guide our values.
You will be continually developed through CPD, training and the annual career review process. There is the potential for secondments to areas of AWE outside of your day-to-day role.
As part of their People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- Opportunity for overtime available at enhanced hourly rate
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas, if applicable.
Further information on AWE can be found on their website.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with AWE.
Their ambition is to create workplaces where they recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and where employees feel able to be themselves at work. They strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants. Any inclusion information you provide will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.
- Aldermaston, On-site role.