AECOM are looking for professionals who are ready to re-start their careers after an extended career break. During this time, you may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for number of years. You will have had a wealth of experience and we look forward to you bringing a fresh perspective to our teams & projects. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
What can AECOM Returners offer you:
- A paid placement for 6 months, with the opportunity for the role to become permanent.
- An opportunity to work on some of AECOM’s leading & most high-profile projects.
- Access to an abundance of internal on-line training to help you refresh your skills.
- A flexible working style with our Freedom to Grow Programme which provides employees with the freedom needed to find the working style that suits you. Guiding Principle: if it works for you, your team and your client then it works for AECOM.
- A competitive salary and benefits package in line with market rates
- The opportunity to join our growing network of Returners
The role would be joining AECOM’s Landscape Architect team. As a member of one of UK & Ireland’s largest and most diverse landscape practices, you will be part of a team working on a range of types and sizes of projects, including strategic planning, major infrastructure, urban regeneration and environmental enhancement schemes, for major clients, both in the UK, Ireland and overseas.
The landscape architecture discipline within our Buildings & Places business numbers over 75 staff across the UK & Ireland. Our offices support a range of sectors, such as renewable energies, transportation, residential and mixed use, urban regeneration, green infrastructure, flood alleviation, historic landscapes and neighbourhood planning. The business comprises a group of specialists in architecture, heritage, ecology, interior design, graphic design, specification writing and visualisations.
The role is flexible on location and we also offer hybrid working from home and in the office as standard. AECOM offers a flexible package of benefits and we would be interested to hear from applicants seeking either a part time or full time role.
AECOM offers to cover the membership fees of the Landscape Institute (UK) or Irish Landscape Institute. We have a very experienced team which can provide mentorship during the preparation of the LI P2C or ILI chartership exams.
We are happy to consider applicants for either Landscape Architect or Landscape Planner/ LVIA specialist.
Job Responsibilities (Landscape Designer):
- Produce or oversee the production of drawings and other technical documentation using appropriate software, with the necessary level of detail as required at various stages of development: strategies, conceptual design, detailed design and production information.
- Inspect and manage landscape implementation works on-site.
- Working with a Project Manager, undertake project management responsibilities, including contractual, financial and programme management.
Job Responsibilities (Landscape Planner/ LVIA Specialist):
- Undertake site survey and analysis in the field.
- Produce and/or oversee the production of reports, drawings and other technical documentation, with the necessary level of detail for various stages of development, assessment and design.
- Be client facing and respond to client requirements with the support of senior staff.
Clear communication, including the ability to lead on conference calls, meetings and workshops with support initially
- Previous experience in Landscape Design or preparing landscape and/or townscape and visual impact assessments and appraisals and evidence-base documents to support development plans and policies in accordance with best practice.
- A passion for landscape and the environment.
- Ability to be organised and to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
- Belfast, Dublin, Cork, Edinburgh, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Cambridge, London, hybrid