ASP Rope Access UK
ASP/HV3 is an onshore fault-finding and testing company based in the UK. It specialises in onshore work all over the country and has a small but growing offshore testing business. HV3 has historically always had a small core of qualified engineers, complemented by team with the ability to be trained to perform this specialised work. It is to perform in that latter role that we have partnered with STEM Returners, to try and find the right candidate to join our team and be grown into the role of an HV engineer. Our desire is also to match the personality to our business – to find a self-starter who is hard-working and eager to grow with our business. We are all fully committed to a long-term growth path for the right person and believe that we can offer the necessary support and structure to that person.
Skillset and Experience:
- Familiar with and understand MV and HV cable systems and apparatus from 33kV upwards.
- Familiar with and understand MV and HV Safe Systems of Work.
- Capable of conducting fault-finding/locating testing on MV and HV Cable circuits, and/or being trained to do so within a reasonable period by an Electrical Engineer.
- Capable of conducting VLF, Tan delta, Partial discharge, and Positive & Zero Sequence testing on MV & HV Cable circuits and/or being trained to do so within a reasonable period by an Electrical Engineer.
- Could be from industrial electrical background with an appetite for learning.
- General knowledge of Health, Safety and Quality compliance matters and able to be trained on working to standard HSEQ Compliance methods.
- Reasonable command of language to be able to draft and interpret test reports and test certificates.
- Willing to work under supervision of project manager.
- Professional attitude and ability to represent the business with customers when working on site.
- Prompt, reliable and trustworthy.
There is no mandatory qualification for this role but the following will be advantageous:
- HV testing certificates
- Engineering qualification
- CSCS card
- Fault-finding certificates
Outline of initial work/role to be undertaken during the 12 week placement:
The candidate will be supported with on-the-job training, instruction and evaluation to determine competence and ability to perform in the role. In addition, the company will facilitate and cover the cost of any off site technical training that may be required, as well as the necessary certificates
Location(s): Fareham, Hampshire.
Working Pattern (Site/Hybrid/Remote): On site role, with travel where required locally to service clients. Hours can be irregular, with flexibility.
HV3/ASP UK encourages diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and will make reasonable accommodation for candidates who require same.