Skillset and Experience
- Engineering knowledge gained through practical experience in one or more relevant backgrounds: Maritime, Defence, Rail, Aerospace, Facilities Management, Oil and Gas, etc., or through further education at level 4, HND or degree level or equivalent HM forces experience.
- Knowledge of electrical building services (LV/HV, HVAC, lighting, power, lightning protection, ATEX, UPS etc.)
- A good awareness of relevant legislation and supporting ACOP, and common industry standards.
Outline of initial work/role
- Applying your expertise in electrical building services and associated plant to deliver engineered solutions
- Fulfilling the role of intelligent customer, ensuring business objectives and requirements of managed engineering solutions or activities are met by internal or external service providers
- Demonstrating adherence to company management system requirements, relevant technical standards and legislation, and business controls
- Applying Maintenance & Reliability Principles; enact as directed by planning, output from Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Reviewing relevant metrics and contribute to KPI’s and other reporting as required
- Assisting in Reliability Centred Maintenance planning and perform Root Cause Analysis
- Aldermaston with hybrid working where possible
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE. Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- AWE employ a diverse and talented workforce with unique and specialist skills and welcome applications from reservists and ex-military personnel
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country’s nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.