Are you ready for your next step in or transferring into Energy Transition? Here at Xodus we play a key role in engineering of the many new energies and technologies throughout the energy sector. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to be part of this journey, who are returning to work after a career break or transferring their skills across compatible sectors.
Technical Safety & Risk (TSR) houses a broad spectrum of skills and specialisms centred around risk. We provide both engineering design for specific safety and reliability provisions and equipment, and risk and reliability studies and management encompassing the whole of the engineered environment. We support a broad range from concept through operations to decommissioning, inclusive of hydrocarbon, decarbonisation, and hydrogen projects.
Skills & Experience
- Previous career exposure in analytical risk, safety, and processes for managing major accident hazard and industrial reliability.
- Transferrable sectors could include energy, oil and gas, rail, nuclear, chemical, aviation, civil or structural, maritime.
Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in engineering or equivalent (process safety, loss prevention, risk focus preferred but not essential)
What you will be getting involved with during your 12-week paid work placement
- Build understanding of hazard and risk impacts, safeguards and mitigations in relation to design aspects, engineering activities and operations.
- Evaluate, organize and prioritise your workload providing regular communication of results, issues and conclusions for the project team.
- Contribute to the production of client deliverables, including design calculations, analysis models, specifications, study reports and presentations.
- Actively participate in training to pursue your continuing professional development and the development of Engineers.
Work Locations & Pattern
Full or Part time considered, fully flexible working arrangements, focused on output not specific hours worked. Home working with office collaborations with offices in Aberdeen ideally or London, Glasgow.