Binnies is looking for Civil Engineers to work on water projects.
As an Experienced Civil Engineer, you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience of projects from concept, through outline and detailed design and construction, to lead civil discipline teams in the delivery of multidisciplinary engineering projects. You will have the opportunity to work on water and wastewater engineering projects, and will be able to support, lead and instruct less experienced engineers to produce deliverables in these disciplines.
Binnies treats each professional as an individual and will provide all relevant training, development and support so that you may further your engineering career. We are a diverse and energetic team and you will play a key role in contributing to our team’s continuing growth and success.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experienced Civil Engineer, previous water sector experience not essential. You may have experience from the oil and gas sector, utilities, pharmaceuticals, maritime or water treatment works projects.
- Exposure to designing projects for construction (design & build environment)
- You may have specialist experience in areas such as hydraulics, geotechnics, and structural engineering
- You will have an interest in growing your skills to mentor and support junior engineers in time.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartership with the Institution of Civil Engineers or another relevant institution or ability to regain chartership. Civil Engineers with aspirations for chartership in the future can be considered.
What you will be getting involved with during your first 12 weeks
You will be working as part of a team to create outline and detailed designs for a variety of water utilities projects. Working alongside mechanical and electrical professionals. Working with clients such as Thames Water, Southern Water and Scottish Water to turn client level designs, to become construction ready.
Location & Working Pattern
- Chester, Redhill or Glasgow
- Flexible full or part time working (minimum 3 days a week) with flexibility for shorter days as needed.
- Returners will be expected to travel into the Chester, Redhill or Glasgow office twice a week. For the remainder of the week, they can either work in the office or from home. The ability to travel to client sites and offices is also essential.