Kier Group PLC
Kier Group PLC
We’re currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join our Natural Resources, Nuclear and Networks central finance team.
In this Assistant Accountant role, you will support the Overheads and Balance Sheet finance team responsible for
- Overhead reporting, Analysis and Forecasting
- Cost allocation to operational Natural Resources, Nuclear and Networks contracts – payroll, expenses, Fleet, Travel, etc
- Prepare and post finance journals
- Maintain monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Preparing statutory financial statements
- Assist in improving cost controls
What we are looking for
- You’ll be studying towards a CIMA/ACCA qualification or AAT level4 and above, and have demonstrable relevant work experience, or have completed finance relevant degree
- Strong IT skills, be customer focused with an ability to work well under pressure
- Proactive individual with good attention to detail
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch.
We’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies, including eight weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance, and more
- Employee Share Plans
- Peppy free healthcare app giving you access to clinicians and experts on fertility, pregnancy and baby, menopause, and men’s health
- Additional two days’ leave to take part in volunteering activities of your choice
And so much more!
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives. You can see more about our D&I action plan here.
Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case-by-case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant’s criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
- This is a hybrid role where you will be based out of either our Wymondham or Rushden office