‘Returnships’ offer an easier route back after career breaks.
Jacobs (NYSE:J), the global technology-forward solutions company, has announced a set of new return to work opportunities in the U.K. as part of its commitment to inclusion and diversity.
The company has appointed Hampshire-based STEM Returners to source experienced professionals who want to return to industry following a career break. The fully paid, 12-week placements act as “returnships”, allowing candidates to refresh their skills and restart their careers. STEM Returners has placed more than 200 candidates with companies, 96% of whom were offered full-time roles after completing a placement.
“Jacobs is supporting this highly effective program as part of our vision to be the employer of choice for diverse talent,” said Jacobs Energy, Security and Technology Senior Vice President Karen Wiemelt. “We see inclusion and diversity as differentiators that enable us to bring more innovative thought and solutions to our clients.”
Available roles include:
- Architect – based at Glasgow, Reading, Warrington or Bristol (hybrid role with remote working)
- Civil/Structural Engineers – based at Glasgow, Reading, Warrington or Bristol (hybrid role with remote working)
- Systems Engineers – based at Glasgow, Reading, Warrington or Bristol (hybrid role with remote working)
- Safety Case Engineer – based at Glasgow, Reading, Warrington or Bristol (hybrid role with remote working)
- Project Controls Specialists – based at Bristol (hybrid role with remote working)
- Project Electrical Engineer – based at Barrow-in-Furness.
“Our surveys have shown that 36% of returners feel that bias in the recruitment process has been a barrier to them resuming their careers,” said STEM Returners Director Natalie Desty. “The STEM Returners program eliminates this barrier by giving candidates real work experience and mentoring during their placement, helping them to seamlessly adjust to life back in work. We are extremely excited to be working with Jacobs and we would implore other large organizations to follow their example.”
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $14 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector. Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.