At STEM Returners we realise how important support is for engineers.
That is why we are proud to team up with MentorSET in partnership with the Women’s Engineering Society.
The mentorship provides independent and friendly support from experienced engineers, who understand the challenges, faced in returning to work, and can offer advice and encouragement to our returners.
Membership of the Women’s Engineering Society isn’t just limited to female engineers – men can join too and help support the aims of WES in a bid to improve gender diversity in the engineering industry to meet demand.
With returner sponsored membership at WES, engineers will gain access to members’ only area of the website which offers support, anecdotes and advice from members and carefully chosen partners.
Other benefits include a subscription to the WES quarterly journal and monthly newsletter as well as discounted rates and free tickets to relevant conferences and events when available.
After joining the Women’s Engineering Society as a ‘Returners Sponsored Member’ you are entitled to one mentoring partnership with MentorSET.
The benefits of having a mentor
- The opportunity to discuss work issues with an outside person.
- Links to reduce isolation in a male-dominated professional environment.
- Information about returning after a career break and advice about obtaining a work/life balance.
- Development of new skills such as leadership or public speaking
- Support if you are coping with health problems or disabilities alongside a professional care
If you would like to find out more about the scheme then please visit the MentorSET website here.