Kicking off the new year as we mean to go on, STEM Returners is teaming up with Fluor Limited to offer innovative individuals the opportunity to return and join a talented team, located in it’s headquarters in Farnborough, Hampshire. We are looking to welcome back Hampshire Engineers regardless of how long they have been out of industry.
Engineers find it increasingly difficult to return after a career break for a number of reasons, including the perception that skills quickly become outdated. We are bridging the gap between talented individuals and organisations to bring back much needed lost skills to the industry, bolstered by lots of training and support.
Good technical and people skills are essential in developing cost effective electrical, control, instrumentation and telecom system solutions for our major international clients, working in conjunction with our global team, and with the support from our contractors and suppliers.
Fluor limited have a diverse spectrum of projects ranging from tens of thousands of dollars through to billions of dollars as part of Engineering Procurement and Construction and Front End Engineering and Design contracts. We are looking to supplement our current teams with those considering a return to engineering from a broad spectrum of experience, so although beneficial, experience in our core business areas of life sciences, refining, petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals , oil and gas is not essential.
Suitable applicants need to be suitably degree qualified and demonstrate the application and development of engineering solutions in one (or more) of the following areas
- Electrical engineering
- Telecommunications engineering
- Control systems engineering
- Information technology
- Electronic engineering.
As part of the role, successful applicants would be working in one of the following areas:
- Design of electrical systems, support to a project on some aspects of the following; electrical load schedules, single line diagrams, hazardous area classification diagrams, electrical equipment specifications/datasheets and schedules, cabling specifications and requirements, lighting design, earthing and protection systems. review of vendor documentation and selection via technical analysis
- Design of control systems, support to a project on certain aspects of the following; instrumentation schedules, wiring diagrams, instrumentation and control systems specifications and schedules, cabling specifications and requirements, instrument sizing and selection, control and safety systems. review of vendor documentation and selection via technical analysis
- Design of telecommunications and IT systems, support to a project on certain aspects of the following; telecoms equipment schedules, wiring diagrams, telecommunication/IT/security systems specifications and schedules, cabling specifications and requirements, review of vendor documentation and selection via technical analysis.
Candidates signing up to the ‘STEM Returners’ programme will join a 12 week paid placement with pre-training, mentoring and support commencing in March 2019. Technical training will be given via Fluor University and support from our specialists and helpful teams will enable your introduction into the world at Fluor and return into industry. For the right candidates this could then be progressed into a potential wider role into OneFluor in the future.
To apply please click here https://www.stemreturners.com/returner-registration/